ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

Re: [gnso-irtpd] Transfer stats as discussed on the call

  • To: Rob Golding <rob.golding@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtpd] Transfer stats as discussed on the call
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 18:25:29 +0200

Indeed, it is an  issue we see as well. The only solution we have is to:
a) send the FOA to both registrant and Admin-C
b) advise the customer clearly and plainly of the steps needed to complete the transfer
c) do more b) as part of the process to transfer

The statistics you quoted are interesting though. As most of our transfer request are provided to us by our resellers, we are unable to do the same with regard to verification of the customer details, and therefore cannot differentiate between authorized and unauthorized transfer requests beyond doing the FOA and verifying the Auth-code.

Volker