ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] Transfer stats as discussed on the call

  • To: <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] Transfer stats as discussed on the call
  • From: "Rob Golding" <rob.golding@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 16:56:15 +0100

Whilst we only have a small number of domains dealt with und3er our
accreditations, I have no doubt that the issue would 'scale' with bugger
numbers ...

Figures for inbound transfers:

3897 transfers requested by registrants
2737 transfers completed
29 transfers actively cancelled

1131 transfers failed at least once due to FOA issues
986 either didnt get, didnt understand or didnt realise they needed to
follow the FOA from the losing registrar

>From our ticket history (so actual number may be more if they didn't contact
is about it ) but at least 108 transfer needed the FOA sent at least *5
times* to get past spam filters, whitelists etc

Every one of these transfer requests had ordered, paid (where necessary),
accepted the terms and supplied the EPP code - I.e. all the things on the
inbound FOA anyway - As you cannot start a transfer without the EPP code
(and the FOA predates them by about 10 years) IMHO it's become the defaco
replacement of the 'standardised email' for the *gaining* registrar.

Regards,
Rob
--
rob.golding@xxxxxxxxxxxx    www.astutium.com    020 3475 2555
Astutium Ltd, 1st Floor, Number One Poultry, London, EC2R 8JR

Get your new website online today at https://www.astutium.com
domains email hosting vps cloud colo dedicated servers iptransit