ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] Attendance MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 19 May 2014

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] Attendance MP3 IRTP D meeting - Monday 19 May 2014
  • From: Terri Agnew <terri.agnew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 11:08:29 -0700

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group meeting
will be held on Monday 2nd June 2014.

 Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 19 May 2014 at 15:00 UTC at:

 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140519-en.mp3>
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20140519-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Barbara Knight – RySG

James Bladel - RrSG

Bob Mountain – RrSG

Volker Greimann – RrSG

Kevin Erdman – IPC

Kristine Dorrian – National Arbitration Forum

Chris Chaplow – CBUC

Bartlett Morgan - NCUC

Apologies:

Paul Diaz – RySG

Holly Raiche – ALAC

Angie Graves – BC

Avri Doria – NCSG

ICANN staff:

Amy Bivins

Marika Konings

Lars Hoffmann

Berry Cobb

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/>
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg> https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 19 May 2014:

  Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the IRTP Part D Meeting, Monday 19 May 2014

  Volker Greimann:James, practice your German ;-)

  Marika Konings:Congrats Volker!!

  Barbara Knight:Congratulations on both counts Volker!

  Bladel:wow...congrats!

  Bladel:A busy year for you both!  :)

  Terri Agnew:Bob Mountain has joined

  Terri Agnew:Chris Chaplow has joined audio

  Volker Greimann:thank you all

  Volker Greimann:we are very happy.

  Chris Chaplow:Apologies to group, I missed a couple of calls.

  Volker Greimann:I will bring my wife to London, so you will probably be able
to meet her

  Terri Agnew:Bartlett Morgan has joined

  Bob Mountain:Volker bringing his better half  ;)

  Terri Agnew:Kevin Erdman has joined audio

  Berry Cobb:Just note that there is not an August Council meeting.

  Berry Cobb:July 24 is the scheduled session post London

  Lars Hoffmann: With the motion deadline being 14 July -

  Lars Hoffmann:There is no need for a comment period.

  Berry Cobb:only if recommendations substantially change, then another PC may
be desired.

  Lars Hoffmann:We have put in a request for 90min - and i will let the group
know about the timing as soon as we have time/date

  Marika Konings:Please remember to mute your mics when not speaking!

  Lars Hoffmann:Steve Chan drew this graphic that might be helpful for this
dicussion

  Barbara Knight:I also received a lot of feedback when he spoke

  Bob Mountain:gprs

  Berry Cobb:The most requirement is that there is an audit trail / Chain of
custody.  It seems all WG members agree to this.  So if the WG were to
entertain the removal of a FOA, another alternative would have to be
determined/developed.

  Bob Mountain:Agree Berry.

  Berry Cobb:...most important...

  Berry Cobb:and as Volker pointed out last week....FOA provides the 2-Factor
basis for a transfer too.

  Barbara Knight:Perhaps we may want to look at the failures based on the FOA
to be a positive since, as was just pointed out, it is the only interaction
with the Registered Name Holder directly.  Perhaps they failed because the
Registered  Name Holder did not authorize the transfer.

  Kristine Dorrain:That's what I'm wondering, Barbara.

  Barbara Knight:I thought that the losing registrar and the registrar of
record would be the same entity

  Chris Chaplow:We dont like to use the term 'loose'

  Bladel:Lars: Can you take the wheel beginning with Respondent?

  Lars Hoffmann:sure

  Barbara Knight:Good point Christine.

  Barbara Knight:sorry Kristine.

  Barbara Knight:Thanks everyone.