ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

[gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to URDP proceedings - Thursday 15 November at 15:00 UTC

  • To: "gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to URDP proceedings - Thursday 15 November at 15:00 UTC
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 23:36:06 -0800

Dear all,

The next Locking of a Domain Name subject to URDP Proceedings teleconference is
scheduled for Thursday 22 November 2012 at 15:00 UTC for 1 hour.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Locking of a Domain Name subject to URDP
proceedings teleconference held on  Thursday 15 November at 15:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-locking-domain-name-20121115-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#sep>nov

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Alan Greenberg, ALAC (Vice-Chair)
Gabriela Szlak, CBUC
Randy Ferguson, IPC
Celia Lerman Friedman, CBUC
Hago Dafalla, NCUC
Lisa Garono, IPC
Kristine Dorrain, NAF
Laurie Anderson, RrSG
Volker Greimann, RrSG
Faisal Shah, IPC
Juan Manuel Rojas, At Large
Luc Seufer, RrSG
David Roache-Turner, Red Cross

Apologies:
Matt Schneller, IPC
Michele Neylon, RrSG

Staff:
Marika Konings
Berry Cobb
Julia Charvolen

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julia Charvolen

For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Connect chat transcript:

 Marika Konings:Welcome to the UDRP Domain Name Lock WG Meeting of 15 November
2012
  Kristine Dorrain:Hi everyone, I wasn't able to get to my portion of the
public comment review tool this week, but will have it ready for our next call.
  Alan Greenberg:Calling in but will probably just be listening....
  Laurie Anderson:Good morning
  Laurie Anderson:I was not able to complete my portion of the public comment
review tool this week either, Kristine. Expect to have it done by Monday.
  Volker Greimann:greetings, earthlings ;-)
  Juan Manuel Rojas:good morning
  Hago:hi all
  Gabriela Szlak:Hi everyone, I was some minites late but I am here, Celia
asked me to apologize for her as she is late  (she had a personal issue to
atrend)
  Gabriela Szlak:attend
  Volker Greimann:at which number are we?
  Marika Konings:Nr 1
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Marika, we were not working on section Other last time?
  Marika Konings:We finished the section for charter question 5 and are now on
charter question 1. We'll revert back to the other comments at the end.
  Juan Manuel Rojas:Ok, Thanks
  Laurie Anderson:It would be nice if the complete whois info would be
provided, we ask for an account number from the authorized rep upon decision to
transfer.
  Laurie Anderson:this comment probably would apply more to question 2
  Gabriela Szlak:Yes, I agree with this
  Gabriela Szlak:I do not agree with comment 4
  Gabriela Szlak:"the arbitration" meaning the provider, right?
  Kristine Dorrain:I think so
  Luc Seufer:I don't understand the logic behind 7
  Gabriela Szlak:me neither
  Gabriela Szlak:Yes, nine is the same as 4
  Gabriela Szlak:agree
  Luc Seufer:Maybe something to the registrars training program (if it's not
already in)
  Luc Seufer:*include
  Gabriela Szlak:same fyunctions I believe is refering to the definition of
locking and different  interpretation of that
  Gabriela Szlak:So maybe it is a mistake and the author was referring to
"registrars"
  Gabriela Szlak:ok thanks marika!
  Gabriela Szlak:we can say thank you!
  Gabriela Szlak:this is line with Luc comment on a training program
  Gabriela Szlak:can we circulate that doc?
  Gabriela Szlak:thanks
  Volker Greimann:lets go on
  Gabriela Szlak:I agree with Kristine
  Lisa Garono:I agree with Christine
  Laurie Anderson:I agree as well
  Volker Greimann:i think that is the question
  Hago:I agree
  Volker Greimann:is cyerflight a realistic and significant problem?
  Kristine Dorrain:In terms of Provider, complainant, and ICANN resources, yes.
  Laurie Anderson:This is precisely the reason we will lock upon notification
from the complainant where the provider is copied.
  Luc Seufer:We would need to differentiate registrar transfer lock/ registrant
transfer lock
  Laurie Anderson:We've seen names cancelled, and whois changed multiple times
and we lock as soon as we receive notice
  Luc Seufer:We need to be allowed to let the relevant proxy/privacy provider
to suspend their services
  Kristine Dorrain:Volker, I suspect you are locking the domain name within a
few days, am I correct?  The problem, or "abuse" is where days, weeks, etc go
by with no response.
  Volker Greimann:correct, we usually lock within 2 workdays
  Kristine Dorrain:And that, in my opinion is the "best practice."
  Kristine Dorrain::)
  Volker Greimann:usually is the key word here
  Laurie Anderson:Agreed Kristine, notifications are high priority for us.
Generally lock the same day.
  Gabriela Szlak:thank you!