ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

Re: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] RE: For your review - Updated straw man proposal & public comment review tool

  • To: "Dorrain, Kristine" <kdorrain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] RE: For your review - Updated straw man proposal & public comment review tool
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:15:18 +0100

Point 2 is for when the Complainant prevails. The Registrar implements the transfer when the time period has run out.

Or at least tries to do so. If the complainant does not provide the necessary data to the registrar, the domain ownership or registration can not be transferred however much we wish to do so, i.e. the registrar may be unable to implement the decision.

Some complainants just tell us to transfer the domain name to registrar X and then never respond to our queries.

In other words, to demand that the registrar "implement the decision" may be demanding an impossible task in certain - albeit rare - cases.

Best,

Volker