ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

[gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings - 19 December at 14:00 UTC

  • To: "Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] MP3 Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings - 19 December at 14:00 UTC
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:23:23 -0800

Dear All,

The next Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP proceedings teleconference is
scheduled for Thursday,  10 January 2013 at 15:00 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP
proceedings teleconference held on  Wednesday 19 December 2012  at 14:00 UTC

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-locking-domain-name-20121219-en.mp3
On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#sep>dec

Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Alan Greenberg - ALAC (Vice-Chair)

Gabriela Szlak - CBUC

Hago Dafalla - NCUC

Kristine Dorrain - NAF
Celia Lerman Friedman - CBUC

Juan Manuel Rojas - At Large

Luc Seufer - RrSG

Fisal Shah - IPC
Volker Greimann - RrSG

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Berry Cobb

Glen de Saint Géry

Absent apologies :

Michele Neylon - RrSG (Chair)
David Roache-Turner - Observer
David Maher - RySG
Ken Stubbs - RySG
Jonathan Tenenbaum

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Glen

 Adobe Connect Chat transcript:
 Marika Konings:Welcome to the UDRP Domain Name Lock WG Meeting of 19 December
2012

  Juan Manuel Rojas:Good Morning/afternoon/evening to all.

  Hago Dafalla:hi all

  Luc Seufer:Hi Volker!

  Volker Greimann:hi luc

  Marika Konings:Michele sends his apologies. He mixed up the times and is
stuck in another meeting now and won't be able to join.

  Glen de Saint Gery:David Roache Turner and jonathan Tenenbaum have both sent
their apologies. They are travelling.

  Kristine Dorrain:And I just sent the second thing I was supposed to work on.

  Marika Konings:It is in the UDRP Rules (the requirement to notify the
respondent at the time of filing)

  Kristine Dorrain:Yes, I agree that user education is critical.

  Kristine Dorrain:We currently have form complaints, and would amend them to
notify the complainants that they no longer need to serve the Registrant.

  Berry Cobb:The Provider should be viewed as the authority within the chain of
custody.  Therefore, the Rr should not act until provider notifies them.

  Kristine Dorrain:I"m sorry if I wasn't clear.  I do agree that if there is a
privacy service, it can be lifted during the locking process.

 Kristine Dorrain:We have cases where a registrant said the registrant was
"Domains by Proxy"...and it wasn't.

  Kristine Dorrain:I am chuckling at the non-US folks and your holiday time.  :)

  Kristine Dorrain:I'll be working Dec 26-28

  Kristine Dorrain::)

  Gabriela Szlak:happy hollidays to all!

  Juan Manuel Rojas:Happy Holidays!

Glen de Saint Géry