ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

[gnso-lockpdp-wg] RE: Continuation of lock / Whois discussion from today

  • To: "'Schneller, Matt'" <Matt.Schneller@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] RE: Continuation of lock / Whois discussion from today
  • From: "Dorrain, Kristine" <kdorrain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:05:41 +0000

I'm sorry I didn't look this over carefully until just now.  The only part I
wanted to continue discussion on was the part about registrars who *may* have
stricter Whois accuracy policies than is *required*.

We do see some number of  registrars who spontaneously will delete domain names
when they get a UDRP notice from us for either inaccurate Whois or for
violating their internal TM policies.  It would make the provider's job much
easier to disallow both, but I suspect the Registrars will not appreciate this,
possibly viewing the recommendation as "usurping" their authority.

Otherwise, thanks for gathering all of this!

Kristine