ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

[gnso-lockpdp-wg] For immediate review - updated definition of locking

  • To: "Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-lockpdp-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] For immediate review - updated definition of locking
  • From: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 07:30:14 -0700

Dear All,

We had a relatively short call today as only few people were able to join
the meeting. There was one item of substance that was discussed and we would
like to receive your feedback on by COB today (Thursday 14 March). As
suggested on the mailing list, those on the call agreed to modify the
current definition of 'locking' from:

"the term ³lock² means preventing any changes of registrar and registrant"

"the term "lock" means preventing any changes of registrar and registrant,
without impairing the resolution of the domain name"

If there are any objections to this change, please make those known to the
mailing list at the latest by close of business (wherever you are) today.

With best regards,

Marika