ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockpdp-wg]

Re: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] Reminder - please share your views

  • To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-lockpdp-wg] Reminder - please share your views
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 11:55:59 +0200

I currently favor option three. Our main objective is to define "locking procedures"; the removal of the obligation to notify the respondent is only peripherally connected to this objective and the loss of potential time to respond is not a trivial matter even if a majority of registrants do not exercise their right to a defense. The question of whether the respondent is a "filthy cybersquatter" or a victim of reverse domain hijacking is made at the end of the process in the panel decision, not at the beginning, after all.

Volker

Reminder - if you have not done so yet, please share your views on the options outlined below, including the alternative proposed by David Roche--Turner as well as the comments made by Luc with the mailing list ahead of Thursday's meeting to facilitate our discussion.

Thanks,

Marika