ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ccc]

[gnso-osc-ccc] GNSO Communications and Coordination Team (CCT) participants and Statements of Interest

  • To: "gnso-osc-ccc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-osc-ccc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ccc] GNSO Communications and Coordination Team (CCT) participants and Statements of Interest
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 03:12:01 -0800

Dear All,

Please find the GNSO Communications and Coordination Team (CCT) participants
and statements of interest below in alphabetic order.

Please note that this kick-off meeting will be held on Sunday 1 March in Mexico
City in the GNSO working room Don Diego 4. Final details and agenda will be
published later.

All statements of interest will be entered on the Wiki
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?operations_steering_committee_osc

The staff support is Rob Hoggarth and Liz Gasster.

The following participants have not provided statements of interest nor
indicated whether they will be attending the work team meetings in person or
remotely in Mexico City. We encouraged you to respond as soon as possible for
planning purposes.

Sedar Acir - Registar contact for Turkish Registry
Chris Chaplow - Commercial and Business Users Constituency
Catherine Sigmar- gTLD Registries Constituency

Remote participation will be arranged and the details will be published shortly.

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,

Glen

Participants:

1. Sedar Acir - Registar contact for Turkish Registry

2. Mason Cole - Registrar Constituency - Interim chair

3. Chris Chaplow - Commercial and Business Users Constituency

4. Steve Holsten - gTLD Registries Constituency

5. Zbynek Loebl - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

6. Catherine Sigmar- gTLD Registries Constituency

7. Nick Wood - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency  - remote
participation

Mason Cole - Registrar Constituency  - Interim chair

I am a Vice President of Oversee.net, responsible for corporate communications
and industry relations.  In this capacity I am the primary representative for
ICANN participation for Oversee and its operating companies.

Oversee maintains multiple registrar accreditations, each of which maintain
registrar accreditation agreements with ICANN.

I currently serve as secretary of the Registrar Constituency.

I am representing no other party with regard to my work with the OSC.  I am not
an officer, director, consultant or employee of any other member of this
constituency or any other ICANN constituency.

Steve Holsten - gTLD Registries Constituency

I am Director of Policy and Compliance for VeriSign, Inc.  VeriSign is the
registry operator for the .com, .net and .name gTLDs and also provides backend
registry services in support of Employ Media for the .jobs gTLD.  VeriSign is
also the registry operator for two ccTLDs, .cc for the Cocos and Keelings
Islands and .tv for Tuvalu.

As an employee who supports VeriSign's naming services business, I do often
have access to Registry Sensitive information including information about
registrars.  With regard to both our gTLD and ccTLD registration services
businesses as well as other VeriSign businesses, our customers and business
associates have interests in various ICANN policy issues and may be members of
other GNSO constituencies and/or supporting organizations.

In addition to registry agreements with ICANN for .com and .net, VeriSign also
has obligations to the U.S. Department of Commerce through a cooperative
agreement that was initiated in 1993 and has been amended many times since
then.  Those obligations include providing the A and J root servers as well as
support to ICANN in implementing changes in the root zone file.  As such,
VeriSign is a member of the DNS Root Server System Advisory Committee and also
works closely with IANA staff in the processing of root zone changes.

In participating in the working group, I will act as a representative of
VeriSign, but will also endeavor to solicit and represent the views of other
stakeholders as appropriate, although I have no formal arrangement with any
other stakeholders.  In that regard, I will endeavor to qualify any personal
statements and will follow up with other constituencies to obtain their
position.

I own shares of VeriSign stock and hold options to purchase additional shares,
but the amount of shares I currently own plus the potential shares I could
possibly own if I exercised all options is not material relative to the total
number of VeriSign shares.

Zbynek Loebl - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

I have been a self-employed lawyer based in Prague, Czech Republic. During the
past year I have managed, as an external counsel, the UDRP implementation at
the Czech Arbitration Court (CAC). Before that I was a partner of CEAG, a
regional law firm based in Prague. I am in the process of establishing my own
law firm.

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

I have been a technology and IP lawyer.

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

As mentioned above, I have managed, as an external counsel on the basis of a
mandate agreement, UDRP implementation for the Czech Arbitration Court (CAC).
This mandate is now ending, due to the CAC's UDRP launch on 12 January 2009. I
may be involved with the CAC in new mandates in the future, which may or may
not be related to ICANN policy.

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

Except for the (almost finished) CAC mandate disclosed above I have no other
commercial interest in ICANN policy development at the moment. I volunteered
principally due to my personal interest in ICANN mission and ICANN environment,
nevertheless as a technology and IP lawyer I probably will represent clients
with commercial interests in ICANN policy development in the future.

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.

I am a member of the IPC constituency. I have no arrangements or agreements
with the IPC or any member(s) of IPC or with any other constituency regarding
my nomination as a work team member.

Nick Wood - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

In charge of domain name management company working with Intellectual property
owners and the professionals who advise them.

Employed by Com Laude.

Position: Managing Director

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

Responsible for vision of company, P&L, all marketing & communications

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

Com Laude is the trading name of NomIQ which is an ICANN accredited registrar.
I am the co-owner and MD of Com Laude and NomIQ.

We have consulted with Deloitte on validation matters in the past. Deloitte has
been retained by ICANN in the past.

On behalf of clients and other contacts, we may be players in the New gTLD
process

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

I am representing the Intellectual Property Constituency of ICANN

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx