ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ccc]

[gnso-osc-ccc] REVISED: GNSO Communications and Coordination Team (CCT) participants and Statements of Interest

  • To: "gnso-osc-ccc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-osc-ccc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ccc] REVISED: GNSO Communications and Coordination Team (CCT) participants and Statements of Interest
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:16:09 -0800

Dear All,

Please find the GNSO Communications and Coordination Team (CCT) participants
and statements of interest below in alphabetic order.

Please note that this kick-off meeting will be held on Sunday 1 March in Mexico
City in the GNSO working room Don Diego 4. Final details and agenda will be
published later.

All statements of interest will be entered on the Wiki
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?operations_steering_committee_osc

The staff support is Rob Hoggarth and Julie Hedlund.

The following participants have not provided statements of interest nor
indicated whether they will be attending the work team meetings in person or
remotely in Mexico City. We encouraged you to respond as soon as possible for
planning purposes.

Catherine Sigmar- gTLD Registries Constituency

Remote participation will be arranged and the details will be published shortly.

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,

Glen

Participants:

1. Sedar Acir - Registar contact for Turkish Registry

2. Mason Cole - Registrar Constituency - Interim chair

3. Chris Chaplow - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - remote
participation

4. Steve Holsten - gTLD Registries Constituency

5. Zbynek Loebl - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

6. Catherine Sigmar- gTLD Registries Constituency

7. Antonio Tavares - Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency

8. Jaime Wagner - Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency

9. Nick Wood - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency  - remote
participation

1. Sedar Acir - Registar constituency
==================================

I am the general manager of Alantron BLTD, an ICANN accredited domain name
registrar. I serve as the primary contact for corporate relations of my company
at this time.

Currently I am not holding any corporate shares, stocks or any other kind of
financial interest materials either at my company or any other company or
parties which may have commercial relations with Alantron, or ICANN.

During my participation within the ICANN work group I may take the commercial
interests of my company into account. I may express my company's point of view
whereever necessary. I am in the authority to represent my company which is a
foreign and a small/medium sized registrar.

I do not have any arrangements with any group or constituency regarding my
participation at the work team.

2. Chris Chaplow - Statement of Interest - Commercial and Business Users
Constituency
I am Chris Chaplow a member of the Commercial and Business Users Constituency
and founder and Managing Director of regional commercial information portal
Andalucia.com and Web Development Company Andalucia Web Solutions based in
Estepona, Malaga, Spain.

Andalucia Com SL is the company behind the "Information about Andalucia"
website which was created in 1996. Andalucia.com set the trend in southern
Spain, being one of the first sites to offer clear, concise information about
the region primarily for the tourist, the foreign resident, and the
international investment market. The site receives over 450,000 visitors every
month and remains  the most visited website about Andalucia.

Andalucia Web Solutions provides intelligent, search engine friendly web
design, optimisation, internet marketing consultancy, hosting, databases,
content management systems, and other related internet services that help our
clients achieve success from their web presence.

I have no financial ownership or interest with registries or registrars
directories

I have no financial ownership or senior management/leadership interest in
registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties in ICANN
policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other
arrangement

My commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development outcomes is consistent
to any Internet based business. I register and manage domains on behalf of my
clients including defending their IP interests using in the UDRP.
I am the contact point for several hundred domain names. I am briefing clients
with respect to cybersquatting and cybersecurity problems.  I also advise those
clients about ICANN and its policies including advising clients who are
considering applying for new gTLD's.

I am often interviewed and contribute in the local media about Internet and
domain name issues affecting business.

I represent  only myself and my companies and look to defend the interests of
small business.
There are no arrangements or agreements between myself  and any other group,
constituency or person(s) regarding my selection as a WT member.

I am an elected member of the 'Governing Council' of the 'British Chamber of
Commerce in Spain' and therein hold the position of "Communication Officer".

3. Mason Cole - Registrar Constituency  - Interim chair

I am a Vice President of Oversee.net, responsible for corporate communications
and industry relations.  In this capacity I am the primary representative for
ICANN participation for Oversee and its operating companies.

Oversee maintains multiple registrar accreditations, each of which maintain
registrar accreditation agreements with ICANN.

I currently serve as secretary of the Registrar Constituency.

I am representing no other party with regard to my work with the OSC.  I am not
an officer, director, consultant or employee of any other member of this
constituency or any other ICANN constituency.

4. Steve Holsten - gTLD Registries Constituency

I am Director of Policy and Compliance for VeriSign, Inc.  VeriSign is the
registry operator for the .com, .net and .name gTLDs and also provides backend
registry services in support of Employ Media for the .jobs gTLD.  VeriSign is
also the registry operator for two ccTLDs, .cc for the Cocos and Keelings
Islands and .tv for Tuvalu.

As an employee who supports VeriSign's naming services business, I do often
have access to Registry Sensitive information including information about
registrars.  With regard to both our gTLD and ccTLD registration services
businesses as well as other VeriSign businesses, our customers and business
associates have interests in various ICANN policy issues and may be members of
other GNSO constituencies and/or supporting organizations.

In addition to registry agreements with ICANN for .com and .net, VeriSign also
has obligations to the U.S. Department of Commerce through a cooperative
agreement that was initiated in 1993 and has been amended many times since
then.  Those obligations include providing the A and J root servers as well as
support to ICANN in implementing changes in the root zone file.  As such,
VeriSign is a member of the DNS Root Server System Advisory Committee and also
works closely with IANA staff in the processing of root zone changes.

In participating in the working group, I will act as a representative of
VeriSign, but will also endeavor to solicit and represent the views of other
stakeholders as appropriate, although I have no formal arrangement with any
other stakeholders.  In that regard, I will endeavor to qualify any personal
statements and will follow up with other constituencies to obtain their
position.

I own shares of VeriSign stock and hold options to purchase additional shares,
but the amount of shares I currently own plus the potential shares I could
possibly own if I exercised all options is not material relative to the total
number of VeriSign shares.

5. Zbynek Loebl - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

I have been a self-employed lawyer based in Prague, Czech Republic. During the
past year I have managed, as an external counsel, the UDRP implementation at
the Czech Arbitration Court (CAC). Before that I was a partner of CEAG, a
regional law firm based in Prague. I am in the process of establishing my own
law firm.

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

I have been a technology and IP lawyer.

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

As mentioned above, I have managed, as an external counsel on the basis of a
mandate agreement, UDRP implementation for the Czech Arbitration Court (CAC).
This mandate is now ending, due to the CAC's UDRP launch on 12 January 2009. I
may be involved with the CAC in new mandates in the future, which may or may
not be related to ICANN policy.

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

Except for the (almost finished) CAC mandate disclosed above I have no other
commercial interest in ICANN policy development at the moment. I volunteered
principally due to my personal interest in ICANN mission and ICANN environment,
nevertheless as a technology and IP lawyer I probably will represent clients
with commercial interests in ICANN policy development in the future.

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.

6. Catherine Sigmar- gTLD Registries Constituency - No statement of interest
provided

7. Antonio Tavares - Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency
1       I´m member of the ISPCP constituency

2       Nowadays I own a Telecom company oriented to give services over VoIP
technology . I´m President of DIALDATA TELECOMUNICAÇÕES

3       I´m Vice President of the Administration Council of NIC.br the
operational arm of the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee, acting as always
as volunteer.

4       I do not have any other functions or charges that connects myself on
touch with Registrars or any interest in ICANN GNSO  development.

5       I have no conflict of interest in participating in the referred
working teams.

8. Jaime Wagner - Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency

I am a member of the ISPC constituency. I have no arrangements or agreements
with the ISPC or any member(s) of ISPC or with any other constituency regarding
my nomination as a work team member.

1. I am President at Plug In Internet S/A www.plugin.com.br
   Plug In is a Brazilian private company specialized in Internet hosting, both
shared and dedicated.
   Since December 2007 Plug In has a close partnership with UOL, the largest
Brazilian ISP.

   I am also represent ISP's in CGI, Brazilian Internet Steering Committee.
This is an elected position with a mandate of two years (2008 and 2009).

2. At Plug In my work is general management.

3. Both Plug In and UOL act as registrars, but this is a minor portion of their
businesses.

4. I have no other direct commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy development
outcomes. I do represent four Brazilian ISPs associations in CGI.

5. I have no arrangements or agreements between with any other group,
constituency or person(s) regarding my nomination or selection as a work team
member.

9. Nick Wood - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

1.       Current vocation, employer and position

In charge of domain name management company working with Intellectual property
owners and the professionals who advise them.

Employed by Com Laude.

Position: Managing Director

2.       Type of work performed in 1 above

Responsible for vision of company, P&L, all marketing & communications

3.       Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested parties
in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or
other  arrangement

Com Laude is the trading name of NomIQ which is an ICANN accredited registrar.
I am the co-owner and MD of Com Laude and NomIQ.

We have consulted with Deloitte on validation matters in the past. Deloitte has
been retained by ICANN in the past.

On behalf of clients and other contacts, we may be players in the New gTLD
process

4.       Identify any type of commercial interest in ICANN GNSO policy
development outcomes.  Are you representing other parties?

I am representing the Intellectual Property Constituency of ICANN

5.       Describe any arrangements or agreements between you and any other
group, constituency or person(s) regarding your nomination or selection as a
work team member.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx