ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ccc]

[gnso-osc-ccc] GNSO WebSite: Business Requirements Documentation

  • To: <gnso-osc-ccc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ccc] GNSO WebSite: Business Requirements Documentation
  • From: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:08:50 -0400

Communications Team Members:

During yesterday's conference call, I mentioned that last August-September
the Policy Staff developed a set of Business Requirements for a new GNSO Web
Site and delivered them to David Conrad who was, at that time, Sr. Architect
for ICANN.   David has since been promoted to Vice President, but continues
to manage this function for the organization.

I attached two documents that were prepared in connection with that effort:

1)      GNSO Website Bus Rqmts~.doc:  contains specific requirements
organized into four broad areas including application services,  shared
services, and platform services; and

2)      Business Requirements.xls:  contains a detailed listing of the 160
individual requirements along with color-coded priority

We originally hoped that a "beta" build project would commence shortly after
receipt of the requirements; however, there were certain corporate level
architectural decisions that had to be made first including establishing
Drupal as ICANN's web content management platform of choice.   Subsequently,
we recognized that this work effort would fit within the GNSO/PPSC
Communications Team, so nothing more was really done other than Marc
Salvatierra created a GNSO test site using Drupal (framework only).   I will
send instructions under separate cover concerning how to access that site
prior to next Wednesday's standing call at which session we hope to have
representatives from ICANN's information technology infrastructure present
briefings to the team.

If you have any questions about either of these two documents, please feel
free to send them along...

Regards,

Ken Bour

ICANN Policy Staff