ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ccc]

[gnso-osc-ccc] Sydney meeting

  • To: <gnso-osc-ccc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ccc] Sydney meeting
  • From: "Mason Cole" <masonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 01:24:00 -0700

Greetings team members -

For those of you in Sydney, I trust you had safe travels.  From the
looks of the rain, it seems we're definitely here for winter.

Tomorrow's meeting is scheduled for 11:15-12:30, Sydney time.  Glen has
sent remote participation details for those of you not in town.

Our agenda, I believe, will be the following - please let me know if you
have additions:

1.      Call to order
2.      Roll call
3.      Subgroup updates

        a.      Tasks 1 and 2: Website requirements and document
management (Steve, Chris, and Ken) See Draft Business Requirements
<https://st.icann.org/data/workspaces/icann-osc/attachments/osc_communic
ations_team:20090610185237-1-24891/original/Bus%20Rqmts%20Template-GNSO%
20Website%20(CCT%20v1.1).pdf>
        b.      Task 3 -- Soliciting meaningful feedback (Helen and
Zbynek)
        c.      Task 4 -- Improve Coordination with ICANN Structures
(Mason)

4.      Discussion points since last meeting

        a.      Main Discussion Points:
                1. Ken Bour explained that v1.0 of the Business
Requirements document was reviewed and analyzed by Marc Salvatierra of
Corporate Affairs. Marc made a number of excellent suggestions and
language changes that were reviewed by the CCT Sub-Team and a new
Version 1.1 has been published that incorporates Marc's edits.
                2. The new Business Requirements v1.1, if not previously
submitted to the OSC, is recommended for distribution at this stage.
                3. Ken agreed to send a letter thanking Marc for his
assistance on behalf of the CCT. (Sent to Kieren McCarthy, General
Manager-Corporate Affairs, on 10 June.)
                4. Steve Holsten asked about next steps and Ken
described the essence of a conference call (held on 03 June) that
included Kieren McCarthy, Marc Salvatierra, Rob Hoggarth, and Ken Bour.
Kieren and Marc are from ICANN Corporate Affairs, which has the overall
responsibility for all web content. Tentative results from the call
include:
                --The GNSO Website Replacement Project will fall under
the auspices of Corporate Affairs.
                --Funding and budgeting, as appropriate, will be worked
out between Corporate Affairs and Policy Development.
                --Rob Hoggarth, Senior Policy Director, will act as the
Project's primary Sponsor.
                --Marc Salvatierra and his team (including Drupal
sub-contractors) will provide the technical and programming
skills/resources needed to develop the new online presence using the
Business Requirements document (v1.1) as a baseline.
                --Corporate Affairs will be responsible for
recommending/deciding all technical infrastructure and design parameters
essential to preserving this project's consistency and interoperability
within ICANN's architectural guidelines and principles.
                --Marc's team will work collaboratively and
interactively with the CCT to prototype designs, information
architecture (e.g. taxonomy), and navigation.
                --Ken will make arrangements to spend 1-2 days in Marina
del Rey in early July (to be confirmed) with Marc for the purposes of
jointly developing a high level tactical plan, including rough
timetable, for the work in Phase I. Ken will take responsibility for
conveying that plan, once approved by Corp Affairs and Policy Staff, to
the CCT.
                5. Ken noted that the next phase of this project will
begin in earnest post-Sydney in the mid-July timeframe pending
completion of the planning step.

5.      All other business
6.      Adjourn

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.