ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Re:Feb28 meeting--Chair, vice chair

  • To: jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx, Olga Cavalli <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Re:Feb28 meeting--Chair, vice chair
  • From: SS Kshatriy <sskshatriy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 06:01:07 -0800 (PST)

dear All,
It was my pleasure to hear you, to talk to you and feel nearness with you. All
of us deserve praise for successful conduct of our 1st meeting.
I will document below what were my views expressed on the topic of Chair/vice
chair.

---
Chair:
1- Suggest that Olga continues as Interim Chair untill permanent chair takes
seat.
2- Committee members may send nominations for the chair.
3- If there is a contest, these interested candidates enter into private
consultation among themselves and arrive at a consensus of one name.
4- If there is no consensus, matter ireported to the full committe and
Committee select the chair. Selection is done on a single vote basis,
interested candidates take part in discussion and voting and the candidate can
vote for self.

Vice Chair (Agree that it should be vice-chair and not co-chair):
Same procedure as for Chair is followed for selecting vice-chair.

best,
S S Kshatriya (SS)
sskshatriy@xxxxxxxxx