ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Re:Feb28 meeting--Chair, vice chair

  • To: <sskshatriy@xxxxxxxxx>, <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Re:Feb28 meeting--Chair, vice chair
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 10:26:35 -0500

Well sumarized S S.  Thanks.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of SS Kshatriy
        Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 9:01 AM
        To: jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx; Olga Cavalli
        Cc: gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx; ffelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Rob
Hoggarth

dear All,
It was my pleasure to hear you, to talk to you and feel nearness with
you. All of us deserve praise for successful conduct of our 1st meeting.
I will document below what were my views expressed on the topic of
Chair/vice chair.

---
Chair:
1- Suggest that Olga continues as Interim Chair untill permanent chair
takes seat.
2- Committee members may send nominations for the chair.
3- If there is a contest, these interested candidates enter into private
consultation among themselves and arrive at a consensus of one name.
4- If there is no consensus, matter ireported to the full committe and
Committee select the chair. Selection is done on a single vote basis,
interested candidates take part in discussion and voting and the
candidate can vote for self.

Vice Chair (Agree that it should be vice-chair and not co-chair):
Same procedure as for Chair is followed for selecting vice-chair.

best,
S S Kshatriya (SS)
sskshatriy@xxxxxxxxx