ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

Re: [gnso-osc-csg] - chair/vice Chair Elections--Statement of Qualifications

  • To: gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx, Olga Cavalli <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-csg] - chair/vice Chair Elections--Statement of Qualifications
  • From: SS Kshatriy <sskshatriy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:39:45 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,
ref to Olga's mail, I am giving below a brief Statement of Qualifications for
Vice Chair Election.

best,
SS
--

BRIEF STATEMENT QUALIFICATIONS OF Mr. S. S. KSHATRIYA

Mr. S. S. Kshatriya is an Independent Consultant on Internet matters relating
to media policy issues and, use of Internet for non-commercial purposes in
India and lives in Bangalore. A post-graduate from Allahabad University in
India he has a solid foundation in Science and Engineering. Throughout his
career in Government of India departments, he has been associated with the work
of non-commercial and professional bodies. Spending major part of his career
with Indian Space Research Organization as Space/Rocket Scientist, Mr.
Kshatriya is responsible for organizing rocket building capabilities for Indian
Space Program in its early years. As a scientist, his experiment was accepted
in SpaceLab-3/Space Shuttle and he had an opportunity to work in NASA and be
associated with International body of scientists. He is the first Indian to
have set foot in a Space Shuttle.

 Later, Mr. Kshatriya diverted his attention towards Internet around the year
1994. A popular writer on science and technology matters, Mr. Kshatriy took to
writing on Internet and related matters in print and web in India and in other
countries, including USA. He is credited to have pioneered Net Journalism in
India. He has two published books to his credit and one of it deals with the
work of Indian Internet/IT stalwarts in USA. Mr. Kshatriya is associated with
several professional bodies such as The Institution of Engineers, Indo-French
Technical Association, and Computer Society of India as their Fellow/Member and
has been represented in their Governing Bodies. He has used platforms of these
bodies to further the spread of Internet in India.

An early Global Member of ISOC (about 1996), Mr. Kshatriy is also a Founding
Member of .ORG Advisory Council (2003). He did pioneering work along with
others on policy matters and issues relating to coordination among AC, PIR
Staff and Board, in those early years, other than looking at technical and
policy issues raised from time to time.

Presently, Mr. Kshatriya is Committee Member of ISOC’s Sphere Project, and a
Member of ICANN’s ‘GNSO Council Constituency Operations Team.’ He has plans to
organize an ISOC Chapter in Bangalore. He wishes to involve deeply into ICANN
matters.
He is also involved with the subject “History of Rocketry”.

Mr. Kshatriya has wide and deep knowledge of Internet and issues related to it.
He has worked with scientists, technocrats and Internet Experts of
International repute. He has excellent mastery in project management, in
conducting meetings, in solving problems and working amicably with persons of
different views, interests and nationalities. He is good at preparing and
analyzing reports and putting his views in clear and understandable terms.

Mr. Kshatriya has travelled widely the world over. He has proven track record
for contributions to non-com work and presently, has plenty of time and energy
to devote to non-com work.