ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Charter Approved: OSC Constituency Operations Work Team

  • To: Chuck Gomes <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, OSC-CSG Work Team <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Charter Approved: OSC Constituency Operations Work Team
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:49:47 -0700

Chuck:

No. There is no requirement that the Council approve any Work Team charters -
only the steering committee charters.  Work Team are a creation of the Steering
Committees - not the Council.

Set forth below I have pasted the specific language from the GNSO Improvements
Implementation Plan (page 7 of 15) that was approved by the GNSO Council in
October 2008:

"Steering Committee working teams

At the discretion of a majority of the members of a steering committee, a
steering
committee can create working teams to focus on specific tasks that are part of
the chartered work plan of the committee. Any such teams should have a
specific charter and should report their results to the steering committee. It
would be the job of the steering committee to coordinate the work of any such
teams and to present the GNSO Council with well formed proposals that take into
account the work of any of the relevant teams. Steering committees will have to
balance between the necessity of bringing enough people to the table to do the
work without straining a few volunteers and the scalability and complexity of
the
team structure they create."

Cheers,

Rob Hoggarth