ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Next steps and conference call- Staff Support--lost

  • To: <sskshatriy@xxxxxxxxx>, <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Next steps and conference call- Staff Support--lost
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:33:46 -0400

One of the main purposes of having representatives from every constituency on
the CSG WT is to provide an ongoing channel of communication between the WT and
the constituencies.  Those representatives should be the primary avenue used to
get input from constituencies.  In many cases, the reps will be able to provide
needed information without going back to their constituencies; in other cases,
they may have to seek direct input on specific issues raised by the WT.  Let's
not put unreasonable expectations on Staff.

SS - Staff doesn't need to make information available if it is already publicly
available; I suspect you are simply asking them to provide pointers to the
information.  Asking them to do a comparison by constituency of various
elements of constituency charters may be useful but it will take considerable
time and we should provide more direction in terms of what is desired. Also, it
will not work if every member of the WT requests tasks from Staff; those
requests need to be agreed to by the WT as a whole and communicated by the
chair or alternate chair in the absence of the chair.

Chuck