ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Norms on Re-Opening

  • To: <zahid@xxxxxxxxx>, "Victoria McEvedy" <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, <owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Norms on Re-Opening
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:38:05 -0400

Julie

In my role as chair of the OSC, I request that no one's participation records
be eliminated from the record.  First of all, I think we would need ICANN
Counsel advice on whether that is permitted.  Secondly, I would want to get the
OSC to weigh in on this on behalf of the Council as part of its steering
responsibilty. And third, elminating the participation of anyone or any group
except for disciplinary reasons, which is not the case here, would go
completely contrary to the Board approved GNSO improvement recommendations for
which we are developing implementation recommendations.

Chuck