ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Next Conference call Friday 8 January 2010 - 14 GMT - Proposed agenda

  • To: "Papac, Krista" <Krista.Papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "OSC-CSG Work Team" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Next Conference call Friday 8 January 2010 - 14 GMT - Proposed agenda
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 02:37:07 -0500

Krista,

Regarding 2.d.2:

"Provided that such objection is based on predetermined and objective
membership criteria.  That seems pretty limiting.  There may be a valid
objection based on something not contemplated when the criteria were
established.  I don't think GROUPs will want to be confined this way."

How would a situation be avoided where a group could devise new membership
rules to exclude a new type of member?  If somethingt not contemplated is
encountered, the predetermined criteria could be changed through group
procedures.

Chuck