ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

[gnso-osc-csg] RE: Comments on Actions/Summary

  • To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, gnso-osc-csg <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] RE: Comments on Actions/Summary
  • From: Victoria McEvedy <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:36:27 +0000

WG,

As to Subtask 1.1 my only comments are to propose the following language:

2.f

IN THE CASE OF REJECTION OF AN APPLICATION OR A DISPUTE IN CONNECTION WITH AN
APPLICATION, THE APPLICANT MAY LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ICANN OMBUDSMAN. THE
PROCESS FOR LODGING A COMPLAINT WITH THE OMBUDSMAN IS SET FORTH IN ARTICLE V OF
THE ICANN BYLAWS AND IN THE OMBUDSMAN FRAMEWORK, AVAILABLE AT
http://www.icann.org/ombudsman/documents/ombudsman-framework-26mar09-en.pdf.

3. PARA 2

IT IS RECOMMENDED GROUPS SHOULD FUNCTION ON THE GNSO WG MODEL FOR THE PURPOSES
OF REACHING CONSENSUS AND THE USE OF VOTING SHOULD BE MINIMISED AS MUCH AS
POSSIBLE.  (NB this was the original text which we agreed prior to Claudio's
new version).

As to Subtask 1.2 -I have no comments as to the edits so far.

As to 1.5 -this is self explanatory and a formal, written and transparent
method of communicating from Chair to Chair is recommended in future.

I regret I will not be able to attend the next call due to a conflicting
hearing date. Please accept my apologies.

Regards,

Victoria McEvedy

Principal

McEvedys

Solicitors and Attorneys

cid:669FC637-760A-4D2F-B56E-2C180C1870CC

96 Westbourne Park Road

London

W2 5PL

T:    +44 (0) 207 243 6122

F:    +44 (0) 207 022 1721

M:   +44 (0) 7990 625 169

www.mcevedy.eu

Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority #465972

This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s).  This email and its attachments may also be legally
privileged. If you have received this in error, please let us know by reply
immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying
or forwarding the contents.

This email does not create a solicitor-client relationship and no retainer is
created by this email communication.