ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 19 February Meeting

  • To: Chuck Gomes <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, gnso-osc-csg <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 19 February Meeting
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 06:32:34 -0800

Chuck and Work Team members,

See my input below.  Thanks.

Julie

On 2/25/10 8:13 AM, "Chuck Gomes" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please see my input below.

Chuck

________________________________
From: owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx  [mailto:owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Julie  Hedlund
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 12:06 PM
To:  gnso-osc-csg

Dear Work Team members,

Here is the brief  summary and action items from today’s meeting.  Please let
me know if you  have any changes or additions.  These also are listed on the
wiki at: https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_operations_team.

PLEASE  RESPOND RE: NEXT MEETING: On today’s call the Work Team members
discussed the timing for the next meeting.  It was suggested that the  next
meeting should be held a little later and should be scheduled for 60, not  90
minutes.  The suggested time is Friday, 26 February from 1330 to  1430 UTC
(0530 to 0630 PST/0830 to 0930 EST).   Please let  me know as soon as possible
if you CANNOT meet at that time and, if so, if you  have suggestions for an
alternate  time.

Actions/Summary:

--Task 1, Subtask  1: Work Team members on the call agreed to revised language
presented by  Rafik on Section 2, paragraph f and by Claudio on Section 3,
paragraph 2.  ACTION: All Work Team members are requested to review the revised
 language at
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_stakeholder_group_operations_work_team_task_1_subtask_1

<https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_stakeholder_group_operations_work_team_task_1_subtask_1>
  as indicated in all caps and strikeout by Friday, 26 February. If no
comments are received by that date the recommendations will be considered
accepted by the Work Team.
[Gomes, Chuck] I support both of these  changes but in Section 3, paragraph 2,
why did we not want to say  "THERE SHOULD BE  EMPHASIS ON CONSENSUS BUILDING IN
GROUP  DELIBERATIONS."   That sentence seems to fit well  with what follows.
<JULIE> From my notes I believed that this was to be deleted, but I could be
mistaken.

--Task 1, Subtask 2: Work Team  members on the call reviewed and discussed
changes through Part II, Section 3  Communications. ACTION: All Work Team
members are requested to review  the revised language in all caps, strikeout,
and curly brackets through the  end of Section 3 at
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_and_stake_holder_group_operations_work_team_task_1_subtask_2

<https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_and_stake_holder_group_operations_work_team_task_1_subtask_2>
   and provide any comments by Friday, 26  February.
[Gomes, Chuck]  Is something missing in Part  II, 3.a?  It would help me to
know what 3.a says without the  strikeouts.  Also, I think the lettering needs
to be redone if b, d, e  & f are eliminated. 3.g is incomplete.  Something
seems to be  missing in 4.a.  I think I am okay with the suggested edits but
they are  very hard to follow.

<JULIE>  Here is the text for Section 3 without the strikeouts but with all
caps and curly brackets to show what was added:
3. Communications
a. Constituency mailing {LISTS} and discussion groups shall be open to the
entire constituency membership and, at the election of the Constituency in any
given case, to the public. THE CONSTITUENCY MAY HAVE RESERVED LISTS IF NEEDED.
b. THE OUTCOME OF ALL CONSTITUENCY POLICY DECISIONS should be open and publicly
archived --with posting rights limited to members at the election of the
Constituency.
c. Information as to Constituency business and work product and finance and
accounts and submissions to Staff and other ICANN entities shall be made
available to the entire constituency membership unless there are valid grounds
for restricting distribution.
{D}. All Constituencies shall have a published Privacy Policy providing for the
protection of the {PRIVATE} data of members.

In addition, with respect to 4a, the word “Constituency” was inadvertently
deleted.  I have reinserted it.

Thank you very much.

Best  regards,

Julie