ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 19 February Meeting

  • To: "Julie Hedlund" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-osc-csg" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 19 February Meeting
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 08:13:21 -0500

Please see my input below.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Julie Hedlund
        Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 12:06 PM
        To: gnso-osc-csg

        Dear Work Team members,

        Here is the brief summary and action items from today's meeting.
Please let me know if you have any changes or additions.  These also are
listed on the wiki at:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_operations_team.

        PLEASE RESPOND RE: NEXT MEETING: On today's call the Work Team
members discussed the timing for the next meeting.  It was suggested
that the next meeting should be held a little later and should be
scheduled for 60, not 90 minutes.  The suggested time is Friday, 26
February from 1330 to 1430 UTC (0530 to 0630 PST/0830 to 0930 EST).
Please let me know as soon as possible if you CANNOT meet at that time
and, if so, if you have suggestions for an alternate time.

        Actions/Summary:

        --Task 1, Subtask 1: Work Team members on the call agreed to
revised language presented by Rafik on Section 2, paragraph f and by
Claudio on Section 3, paragraph 2. ACTION: All Work Team members are
requested to review the revised language at
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_stakeholder_group_
operations_work_team_task_1_subtask_1
<https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_stakeholder_group
_operations_work_team_task_1_subtask_1>  as indicated in all caps and
strikeout by Friday, 26 February. If no comments are received by that
date the recommendations will be considered accepted by the Work Team.
        [Gomes, Chuck] I support both of these changes but in Section 3,
paragraph 2, why did we not want to say "THERE SHOULD BE EMPHASIS ON
CONSENSUS BUILDING IN GROUP DELIBERATIONS."   That sentence seems to fit
well with what follows.

        --Task 1, Subtask 2: Work Team members on the call reviewed and
discussed changes through Part II, Section 3 Communications. ACTION: All
Work Team members are requested to review the revised language in all
caps, strikeout, and curly brackets through the end of Section 3 at
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_and_stake_holder_g
roup_operations_work_team_task_1_subtask_2
<https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_and_stake_holder_
group_operations_work_team_task_1_subtask_2>   and provide any comments
by Friday, 26 February.
        [Gomes, Chuck]  Is something missing in Part II, 3.a?  It would
help me to know what 3.a says without the strikeouts.  Also, I think the
lettering needs to be redone if b, d, e & f are eliminated. 3.g is
incomplete.  Something seems to be missing in 4.a.  I think I am okay
with the suggested edits but they are very hard to follow.

        Thank you very much.

        Best regards,

        Julie