ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] RE: Actions/Summary: 23 April Meeting

  • To: "Claudio Di Gangi" <cdigangi@xxxxxxxx>, "Julie Hedlund" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-osc-csg" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] RE: Actions/Summary: 23 April Meeting
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 07:12:32 -0400

Claudio,

It seems to me, if we are willing to say "these are the implementation
recommendations for common operating principles and procedures for all
groups to abide by." then it would be fine to use the word 'shall' in
all cases where we believe the principle or procedure should be common
across all groups.

I would change the statement slightly to say, "these are the
implementation recommendations for common operating principles and
procedures for all groups to abide by except where otherwise indicated."
I believe there are instances where our recommendations are 'should'
instead of 'shall' and that is another reason for using those words
precisely.

Chuck