ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Comments about fellowship program in relation with transparency

  • To: "Olga Cavalli" <olgacavalli@xxxxxxxxx>, "OSC-CSG Work Team" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Comments about fellowship program in relation with transparency
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 05:47:04 -0400

I am okay with this.

Chuck

From: owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Olga Cavalli
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 3:37 AM
To: OSC-CSG Work Team
Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] Comments about fellowship program in relation with
transparency

Hi,
as we are working now on outreach in our working group I would like to propose
that we make this comment to the AOC transparency team as they are open now for
questions and comments. The comments reflects what I mentioned today in our
meeting with the transparency review team.

My proposal is submitting the following comments from the working team
perspective.

If you think this is a good idea and you want to change or add text, please do
so.

Your comments are welcome.
Regards
Olga

About the Fellowship program:

Fellowship Selection Committee - Transparency:

For making the selection process more transparent, the names of the members

of the independent selection committee should be available in the ICANN web

page, including their background and statement of interest.

It could be good to know how they are selected, if there is a regular call

for applications, and how long they serve in their positions.

Fellow´s Selection Process:

The geographically weighted process sets aside  candidates of locations that

are geographically very far away from most of the main cities of the world,

like for example the southern cone of South America (Argentina, Chile,

Paraguay, Uruguay). Candidates from these countries have usually less

chances of being selected than others.

A different selection process should be developed in order to solve this

geographic gap.