ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

Re: [gnso-osc-ops] ACTION ITEMS: GNSO Operations Work Team 29 April 2009 Meeting

  • To: Julie Hedlund <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-ops] ACTION ITEMS: GNSO Operations Work Team 29 April 2009 Meeting
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:16:25 -0700

I'm concerned that the statement has remained in the revised document over several stated objections - and I thought agreement to remove the offending language:

" In addition, the Policy Council would consider and determine a means of studying and examining issues that need addressing, e.g., malicious use/abuse of domain names."

As many people believe and have said: we do not believe ICANN should expand its mission into such non-technical issues. Therefore this example is NOT an issue that the GNSO agrees "needs addressing" as claimed in the document.

Why wasn't the offending language removed before the document was forwarded to the members of the community?

Robin