ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

RE: [Fwd: [gnso-osc-ops] Abstentions and Conflicts of Interest]

  • To: <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>, <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [Fwd: [gnso-osc-ops] Abstentions and Conflicts of Interest]
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:07:55 -0500

Ken, sorry for the delay...and thank you for preparing this document for us.

I have 3 questions:

1.  In the case of an MCOI (Material Conflict of Interest), the primary
remedy is to seek transferring the vote to its NCA.  Is this correct?

2.  The option for a Stakeholder Group (or Constituency) to transfer the
vote of the conflicted rep to another rep of the same SG or Constituency is
not provided as a possible remedy...is this correct?

3.  In the example, it assumes the Contracted Party House chose not to have
its NCA vote on behalf of the conflicted rep, is this correct?

Ray