ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] Summary: 07 March 2010 Meeting

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Summary: 07 March 2010 Meeting
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 03:41:06 -0800

Dear Work Team members,

Below is a brief summary of the discussion from the face-to-face meeting in
Nairobi, Kenya on Sunday 07 March.  Transcripts and MP3 recording will be sent
as soon as they are available.  Please let me know if you have any questions or
changes.  These are posted on our wiki at:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?gnso_operations_team.  Note also that
our next meeting will be Wednesday, 24 March at 1700 UTC (09:00 PST, 12:00 EST,
18:00 CEST, 19:00 Jerusalem, 00:00 Taiwan).  Thank you.

Best regards,

Julie

1. Abstention Procedures: The Work Team noted that it has completed its work on
the Abstention procedures for recommendation into the Council Rules of
Procedure. These have been submitted to the OSC with the recommendation for
GNSO Council to review.

2. SOI/DOI: The Work Team completed discussion on additional changes to the
SOI/DOI document and agreed to submit the revised version to the OSC for
review. See attached document.

3. Term Limits: Special Circumstances: The Work Team discussed draft language
for a new section 2.1 in the GNSO Council Operating Procedures to address
Bylaws language, Article X, Section 3(2), which specifies that the GNSO
Operating Procedures shall define the meaning of a “special circumstance” in
relation to GNSO Council member term limits. After some discussion the Work
Team agreed to make this topic a priority for discussion at the next meeting.

4. Tentative Work Schedule — Additional GNSO Operating Procedures Changes:
--New generalized Board Seat Elections procedures
--New Section 3.8 on Absences to include allowing Temporary Alternate for
long-term illness