ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

Re: AW: [gnso-osc-ops] GCOT Documents: Voting, Term Limits, and Absences

  • To: KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: AW: [gnso-osc-ops] GCOT Documents: Voting, Term Limits, and Absences
  • From: Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:27:38 -0400

Ken Stubbs wrote:

I agree her with wolf-ulrich

On 3/26/2010 12:11 PM, KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks, Ken.
I don't feel comfortable with the modified 4.4.1 leaving it up to the Chair / VCs to "grant" an opportunity for absentee voting. What in case if they don't find consensus on that? I'd rather prefer to allow absentee voting in any case - iterative voting seems a bit artificial - or keep it restricted to the cases as before.
The other modofications of Chapter 4 are ok to me.
Section 2.1 - Council member term limits: agreed
Section 3.8 - Absences and vacancies: separate comment shall follow

Regards
Wolf-Ulrich