RA

Ronald N. Andruff

President

RNA Partners, Inc.

220 Fifth Avenue

New York, New York 10001

+ 1 212 481 2820 ext. 11

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*From:* owner-gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx] *On Behalf Of *Ken Bour
*Sent:* Thursday, April 08, 2010 10:50 AM
*To:* gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx
*Cc:* Glen de Saint Géry
*Subject:* [gnso-osc-ops] Draft Section 2.4 - Board Seat Elections

GCOT Members:

Attached is proposed draft for Section 2.4 -- Board Seat Elections.

As you may recall, this past January the Council approved a transitional procedure only for Board Seat #13. The schedule for nominations, interviews, voting, etc., and associated dates were placed in ANNEX 1; Section 2.4 merely referred to that ANNEX with a footnote.

The attached document generalizes the timeline for Board Seat Elections and, once approved, will eliminate the need for the transitional procedures (e.g. ANNEX 1).

Glen de Saint Gery helped me assemble the set of required activities and when they should occur (see Table 1) backing up from the date that a Board Seat becomes vacant according to the Bylaws.

You will note that we did not write out specific procedures for each House in terms of HOW to conduct nominations, interviews, and voting -- only WHEN. The transitional ANNEX, approved in January, permitted the Contracted Parties House (CPH) to determine its own internal procedures and, during the associated public comment forum, community members requested that the same opportunity be provided to the NCPH when Board Seat #14 was up election. In order to ensure that both Houses develop and follow their election processes transparently, we drafted a requirement that their detailed procedures be documented and submitted to the Council for inclusion in the GOP as ANNEXES. This approach would give the Council and the Board visibility into these Board Seat election procedures and would also subject them to a 21-day public comment per Bylaws, Article X, Section 3(4) <http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm#X-3.4>.

Glen advises me that the first opportunity to utilize this procedure will be for Board Seat #14, which term expires in June 2011. According to the steps outlined in Table 1, the Non-Contracted Parties House (NCPH) would back up 5 months and begin nominations for that Board Seat in February 2011.

Ken Bour

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy