ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] FW: [gnso-osc] OSC review - GNSO procedures - section 5 statements of interest

  • To: <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] FW: [gnso-osc] OSC review - GNSO procedures - section 5 statements of interest
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 08:05:00 -0400

Team, fyi below.

  _____

From: owner-gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Philip Sheppard
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 3:43 AM
To: gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: 'Ray Fassett'
Subject: [gnso-osc] OSC review - GNSO procedures - section 5 statements of
interest

Indeed I support Steve's additional thought re a list of contractors.

Ray, please add to your revised section 5.

Philip

A related issue to consider:  if this system is to work as proposed, there
needs to be an authoritative, current and publicly available list of all
"entities with which ICANN has a transaction, contract, or other arrangement
(e.g. Registries, Registrars, Consultants,etc)."  Otherwise, a person who
has a "compensation arrangement" with such an entity on an issue totally
unrelated to ICANN might well be unaware that this is a relationship which
s/he is supposed to disclose.   I don't think such a list exists today, is
ICANN in a position to prepare, maintain and post it?