ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

Re: [gnso-osc-ops] Revised Section 2.1 Term Limits Special Circumstance for OSC Review

  • To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-ops] Revised Section 2.1 Term Limits Special Circumstance for OSC Review
  • From: Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:41:52 -0400

Ken Stubbs wrote:
I have problems with the following paragraph:
see comments below:

2.1.2 If a Stakeholder Group wishes to have one of its Council members serve a third consecutive term under circumstances other than as provided in 2.1.1 above, it shall document the details and provide its rationale to the GNSO Secretariat who will disseminate to the Council for consideration. The Council may elect to apply a Special Circumstance, at its discretion, and such action will require greater than 75% affirmative vote in each House without requiring the abstention of any member.

1. did not find this in Ken Bours email. When was this agreed on?
2. This sounds a lot like the US congress "good old boy, you take care of me and I'll take care of you"... Other members of the council may also be reluctant to vote against this request for fear of retribution in future votes.. This take the "exception rule" way too far...