[gnso-osc-ops] Actions/Summary: 05 May Meeting
- To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Actions/Summary: 05 May Meeting
- From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:45:47 -0700
Dear Work Team members,
Below are the action items and a brief summary of the discussion at our 05 May
meeting. Please let me know if you have any questions or changes. These are
posted on our wiki at:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?gnso_operations_team. Note also that
our next meeting will be Wednesday, 19 May at 1700 UTC (10:00 PST, 13:00 EST,
19:00 CEST, 20:00 Jerusalem, 01:00 Taiwan 08 April). Thank you.
1. ITEMS SENT TO OSC FOR REVIEW/APPROVAL: 2.1 Term Limits, 2.4 Board Seats, and
5. SOI/DOI: These sections were sent by Ray Fassett to Philip Sheppard for
distribution to the OSC for review and approval.
2. SECTION 3.8 ABSENCES: The Work Team discussed the need to avoid the term
"consensus" to prevent confusion resulting from the possibility of differing
definitions. Ken Bour agreed to revise the text accordingly and circulate a
revision for final review.
3. SECTION 4 VOTING: The Work Team discussed the version of the document sent
by Ken on 13 April and agreed to changes relating to the use of the phrase
"appointing organization" as defined in Section 4.5.3. Ken agreed to revise the
procedures to add a footnote to clarify the use of the phrase as it relates to
Councilors who may be Nominating Committee appointees and to define the phrase
earlier in the procedures. Ken will revise the text and circulate a revision
for final review.
4. DEADLINE: Ray Fassett noted that the deadline for the Work Team to submit
final documents to the OSC is 1 June. He suggested finalizing the documents by
the next meeting, scheduled on 19 May.