ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Actions/Summary: 05 May Meeting

  • To: "'Julie Hedlund'" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "'gnso-osc-ops'" <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Actions/Summary: 05 May Meeting
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 21:38:51 -0400

Thank you, Julie.

Ray

  _____

From: owner-gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Julie Hedlund
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 3:46 PM
To: gnso-osc-ops
Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Actions/Summary: 05 May Meeting

Dear Work Team members,

Below are the action items and a brief summary of the discussion at our 05
May meeting.  Please let me know if you have any questions or changes.
These are posted on our wiki at:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?gnso_operations_team.  Note also
that our next meeting will be Wednesday, 19 May at 1700 UTC (10:00 PST,
13:00 EST, 19:00 CEST, 20:00 Jerusalem, 01:00 Taiwan 08 April).  Thank you.

Best regards,

Julie

Action Items/Discussion
1. ITEMS SENT TO OSC FOR REVIEW/APPROVAL: 2.1 Term Limits, 2.4 Board Seats,
and 5. SOI/DOI: These sections were sent by Ray Fassett to Philip Sheppard
for distribution to the OSC for review and approval.

2. SECTION 3.8 ABSENCES: The Work Team discussed the need to avoid the term
"consensus" to prevent confusion resulting from the possibility of differing
definitions. Ken Bour agreed to revise the text accordingly and circulate a
revision for final review.

3. SECTION 4 VOTING: The Work Team discussed the version of the document
sent by Ken on 13 April and agreed to changes relating to the use of the
phrase "appointing organization" as defined in Section 4.5.3. Ken agreed to
revise the procedures to add a footnote to clarify the use of the phrase as
it relates to Councilors who may be Nominating Committee appointees and to
define the phrase earlier in the procedures. Ken will revise the text and
circulate a revision for final review.

4. DEADLINE: Ray Fassett noted that the deadline for the Work Team to submit
final documents to the OSC is 1 June. He suggested finalizing the documents
by the next meeting, scheduled on 19 May.