[gnso-osc-ops] Actions/Summary: 19 May Meeting
- To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Actions/Summary: 19 May Meeting
- From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:09:46 -0700
Dear Work Team members,
Below are the action items and a brief summary of the discussion at our 19 May
meeting. Please let me know if you have any questions or changes. These are
posted on our wiki at:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?gnso_operations_team. Please note
that currently we do not have a meeting scheduled in two weeks (02 June), but
we can schedule one if the Work Team decides it needs one because we have left
that slot open on our calendar of meetings. Thank you.
1. ITEMS SENT TO OSC FOR REVIEW/APPROVAL: 2.1 Term Limits, 2.4 Board Seats, and
5. SOI/DOI: These sections were sent by Ray Fassett to Philip Sheppard for
distribution to the OSC for review and approval. The OSC sent Sections 2.1 and
2.5 to the GNSO Council for consideration on 17 May. On Section 5.0, Philip
Sheppard has proposed to the OSC the following recommendation: "The OSC
recommends to Council: a) the immediate adoption of the attached operating
procedures section 5 on disclosure of interest with the exception of parts
5.3.2 and 5.3.3; b) that Council request ICANN Staff to create and maintain a
list as specified in 5.3.2 and 5.3.3 of all "entities with which ICANN has a
transaction, contract, or other arrangement (e.g. Registries, Registrars,
Consultants, etc)" with appropriate considerations of privacy by XX date; c)
that upon completion of this list, 5.3.2 and 5.3.3 are automatically adopted."
He asked OSC members to respond to his recommendation by 23 May.
2. SECTION 3.8 ABSENCES: The Work Team discussed section 3.8.4, paragraph c
concerning how to address absences with respect to Nomination Committee
Appointees (NCAs). They agreed that in the case of an absence, the vote should
automatically go to an alternate NCA who also is a Council member for the vote,
but that there also should be a process to notify the alternate NCA. Ken agreed
to alter both Section 3.8 and Section 4.0 in any cases where this provision
would be invoked.
3. SECTION 4 VOTING: The Work Team discussed the version of the document sent
by Ken on 18 May and agreed to the changes with some revisions noted,
particularly those that concern the issue with NCA absences noted in Section
4. DEADLINE: Ray Fassett requested Ken to make the changes as soon as he can
and to send a redlined version of the documents. The Work Team will have a week
to review and respond to the final changes. He suggested that there would not
be a scheduled meeting in two weeks unless the Work Team decided it needed one.
Upon approval of the final revised documents Ray will send them to the OSC to