ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

Re: [gnso-osc-ops] Guidance for Disclosures of Interest

  • To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-ops] Guidance for Disclosures of Interest
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:35:11 -0400

Julie,

I'd like to see volunteer control over placement and form.

I see no point in requiring a volunteer (or paid lobbyist) to place an SOI/DOI in each and every WG or AG the volunteer (or paid lobbyist) is contributing to. If the volunteer (or whatever) wants a single SOI/DOI to cover all, or some, of her involvement, that's kosher.

As to form, it is in the mind of the volunteer (or paid lobbyist) what statements to make, what interest to declare, and a staff form can't catch that, and uniformity is not a substitute for full self disclosure.

Eric