ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] voting

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] voting
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:06:58 -0400

Hi,

Today you mentioned that, while you would hate to do it, you might have to
resort fo a vote if we did not have consensus.

I went to check and see whether outr charter allowed for us to decide in the
middle of a subject, once we found that we did not have easy consensus to
switch to a voting mechanism.  I don't think we can but was not sure, so needed
to check the charter.

Unfortunately,

https://st.icann.org/static/3.7.0.11/skin/s3/html/index.cgi?gnso_operations_work_team_charter

is a dead link.

In any case, I would hope that any vote, if the charter indeed permits voting,
would be carried out in a way that would include all members of the WT - even
those who rarely if ever join us on the calls.

a.