ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

[gnso-osc-ops] DOI as a written document

  • To: gnso-osc-ops <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] DOI as a written document
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:33:06 -0400

Hi,

Just looking back, and as early as 25 Feb 2010 the document mentioned
documentation of the DOI.  I do not remember a single conversation where anyone
indicated this was in any way an error.

5.5  Completeness and Accuracy

5.5.1  Completeness

ICANN Staff shall review each Relevant Party’s Statement of Interest and
Disclosure of Interest to ensure completeness.  If ICANN Staff has reason to
believe that a Relevant Party’s documentation is not complete, ICANN Staff
shall notify the Relevant Party and request that the omitted or missing
information be provided or, if there are extenuating circumstances, explanation
as to why the document is incomplete.  If the matter cannot be satisfactorily
resolved with the Relevant Party after a reasonable period, Staff shall raise
the matter with the applicable Chair pursuant to 5.5.3.

---

There are several message from several of the team about the document being
good to go.  Eric and I  were the only ones with quibbles.

---

in an email on 4 March

Ken worte the following:

Disclosure of Interest(2)
(2)     A disclosure made by a Relevant Party of direct or indirect interests
that may be commercially or non-commercially oriented (e.g., commercial benefit
such as payment; non-commercial or non-tangible forms of benefit such as
publicity, political or academic visibility) that may affect judgment, or be
perceived to affect a Relevant Party’s judgment on a particular issue.

Relevant Parties shall provide a Disclosure of Interest setting forth any
direct or indirect interests that may affect a Relevant Party’s judgment, or be
perceived to affect a Relevant Party’s judgment on an issue that is under
review, consideration or discussion.
The GNSO Secretariat shall post all SOIs, DOIs, any other self-selection
disclosures or other related team member documents that have been received to
the WG’s workspace (or alternate).

--

Posting usually refers to a document.

As far as I can tell no one objected to this comment.

-----

With everyone in the meeting having a different recollection than me, I began
to have fears that may memory was failing me.  but this 'evidence' at least
convinces me that I am not imagining things. Now, I can rest easier in my
beleive that in this case Ken faithfully transmitted on several occasions and
we accepted.

cheers

a.