ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Punting to Council

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "'gnso-osc-ops'" <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Punting to Council
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:41:37 -0400

Dear all,

I apologize again for having to get off the call.

Regarding the string below, I don't have a problem with pushing this request
to Council to make, but I DO want to be sure that ultimately the list we are
looking for is produced.  Anything less is an affront to all of the
volunteers that put in so many hours and hours of work week in and week out
for the good of the institution of ICANN and larger community of Internet
users.  In this light, having ICANN staff tell the community 'we will not
tell you with whom we are contracted' is untenable.  In fact, it starts to
smell like 3-day-old fish to me.

Sorry to be so strong in my language, but ICANN is either the transparent
organization I signed on to participate in or its not.  This is where the
rubber meets the road.

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff