ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] OSC - Constituency Operations Team Draft Charter - Clean and Redline

  • To: "Robert Hoggarth" <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] OSC - Constituency Operations Team Draft Charter - Clean and Redline
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:17:54 -0500

Thanks Rob.  Don't know what is going on with your redlines but there is
nothing after the title for Section II.

My comments are very similar to the ones I sent for the Communications
Work Team.

At the end of Section II, item 7 says, "The chair of the team should be
someone from the associated steering committing."  Where did this come
from?  I have no particular objection to someone from the OSC being
chair, but I see no reason to have that restriction.

Under Decision Making, I am not sure "full consensus of the members"
process" will work for work teams, but I am comfortable with the work
teams making a recommendation in that regard.  I suggesst we leave Rob's
comment in the draft as guidance for the work team.

Finally, I suggest we add a section called something like "Work Team
Rules" and include the rules we have been using for WGs to the extent
that they fit.

We can discuss the above in our meeting Monday.

Chuck