ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] Final OSC review - GNSO procedures - section 5 statements of interest

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] Final OSC review - GNSO procedures - section 5 statements of interest
  • From: Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 07:58:12 -0400

Ken Stubbs wrote:

Lets make the changes ourselves with the inclusion of as definition of what constitutes " de minimis" ownership.

On 4/9/2010 5:58 PM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
Steve has made what seem to me to be very constructive suggestions. I think the OSC has two options: 1) send the document back to the GCOT with Steve's input for a little more revision; 2) make the changes ourselves and notify the GCOT of the changes. I don't have strong feelings either way, but with either approach, we need to decide whether the changes can be completed in time to meet the Council deadline of 13 April for submission to the Council for consideration in the 21 April meeting. Even if we decide to make the changes ourselves, it seems that we might need more time than what will be available between now and the 13th so it might be best to strive to complete this for the May Council meeting. Other than the fact that we want to begin to wrap up these kinds of issues as soon as possible, I do not think there is any pressing need to rush this through on the 21st. I need to know by the 13th so that we can finalize the proposed Council agenda on that day.
Thoughts?
Chuck