ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] OSC review - GNSO procedures - section 5 statements of interest

  • To: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>, "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] OSC review - GNSO procedures - section 5 statements of interest
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:52:18 -0400

This seems like a good idea to me.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: Metalitz, Steven [mailto:met@xxxxxxx]
        Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:39 PM
        To: Gomes, Chuck; Philip Sheppard; Ray Fassett
        Cc: gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx
        Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] OSC review - GNSO procedures - section 5
statements of interest

        A related issue to consider:  if this system is to work as
proposed, there needs to be an authoritative, current and publicly
available list of all "entities with which ICANN has a transaction,
contract, or other arrangement (e.g. Registries, Registrars,
Consultants,etc)."  Otherwise, a person who has a "compensation
arrangement" with such an entity on an issue totally unrelated to ICANN
might well be unaware that this is a relationship which s/he is supposed
to disclose.   I don't think such a list exists today, is ICANN in a
position to prepare, maintain and post it?

        Steve Metalitz