ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

[gnso-osc] RE: [council] MOTION REFERRING TO THE GNSO COUNCIL OPERATIONS PROCEDURES WORK TEAM (GCOT) RECOMMENDATIONS

  • To: icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-osc] RE: [council] MOTION REFERRING TO THE GNSO COUNCIL OPERATIONS PROCEDURES WORK TEAM (GCOT) RECOMMENDATIONS
  • From: philip.sheppard@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 08:10:47 +0100 (CET)

Mike,
As I posted to Wolf yesterday the OSC approved the DOI SOI rules as
recently revised by the GCOT including the simpliied DOI.
Council will thus be overturning the OSC decision.

However note that there was not much discussion on the OSC on this issue.

My personal take is that Council procedures need to be proportionate.
If the procedure is overly burdensome compared to its objective it should
be improved.

On conflicts of interest the bar should be set higher with respect to
"burdensome" as Council is by its nature conflcited.

Philip