ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

AW: [gnso-osc] Proxy Voting Discussion: Staff Suggestion

  • To: <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: AW: [gnso-osc] Proxy Voting Discussion: Staff Suggestion
  • From: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 08:10:52 +0200

All,

1. I'm inclined to accept  what the council team has elaborated and Philip has
brought into purified and understandable wording.
2. The appointing organisation's (formal) oversight role can be understood from
the fact that it is the body transferring the vote to a Proxy Holder. From my
council experience establishing an a-priori declaration of the voting position
could narrow down the Proxy Holder's flexibility in acting and reacting e.g.
during discussions of amendments in order to find compromise solutions. That's
why for example the ISPCP charter on the one hand is binding councilors to the
"ISPC position" and on the other hand provides them flexibility when not
forseeable circumstances appear.

Once the abstention/proxy voting is accepted by the council the flow chart
should be adapted accordingly.

Kind regards
Wolf-Ulrich