ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-otf-dt]

[gnso-otf-dt] Draft Message to Stephane

  • To: Olga Cavalli <olgacavalli@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-otf-dt] Draft Message to Stephane
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 09:06:23 -0700

Dear Olga,

Here is a draft message for you to send to Stephane.  Please feel free to make
any changes.

Have a nice weekend!

Warm regards,
Julie

-----------------  Begin Draft Message -------------------

Subject:  Outreach Task Force Draft Charter — Question re: Next Step

Dear Stéphane,

As you may recall, this past May the GNSO Council accepted the recommendations
of the Operations Steering Committee on the Outreach Task Force
(Recommendations to Develop a Global Outreach Program to Broaden Participation
in the GNSO at
http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/global-outreach-recommendations-21jan11-en.pdf.)
The Council then directed ICANN staff to invite members of the GNSO Stakeholder
Groups and Constituencies to volunteer to form an Outreach Task Force Charter
Drafting Team (OTF-DT), which is comprised as follows:

OTF-DT Members: Tony Harris – ISP, Carlos Aguirre – NCA, Olga Cavalli – NCA
(OTF-DT Leader), Amr Elsadr – NCSG, Debra Hughes – NCSG, Roy Dykes – RySG
–NeuStar
Observers: Stephane van Gelder – GNSO Council chair, Mary Wong – GNSO Council
vice chair, Jeff Neuman – GNSO Council vice chair
Staff Support: Julie Hedlund, Gisella Gruber, and Glen de Saint Géry
Mailing list archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-otf-dt/
<http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-otf-dt/>

As you may have seen from the traffic on the OTF-DT list
(gnso-otf-dt@xxxxxxxxx), the OTF-DT has nearly completed its work on the Draft
Charter.   We are seeking your guidance because the Drafting Team is ready to
begin the next step, which we suggest should include a review of the Draft
Charter by the Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies.  We would like to suggest
that the Drafting Team could direct staff to send an announcement to the
Stakeholder Group and Constituency Liaison List, rather than seeking Council
direction to do so.  We do know that the agenda at the 22 September meeting is
quite full and we also could get an announcement out sooner if we did not have
to wait for a formal motion from the Council for this next step.  Following
review by the Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies the Drafting Team would
revise the Charter accordingly and then submit it to the GNSO Council for
review and approval.  If we give the Stakeholder Groups and Constituencies a
month to review the Charter (which we think they will need given their meeting
schedules), the we think the Charter could be ready for GNSO Council review and
approval in Dakar at the latest.

Please let us know whether you think this is an appropriate approach.  Thank
you very much for your guidance.

Best regards,

Olga

Olga Cavalli, Chair, Outreach Task Force Charter Drafting Team