ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Further information for our call later today

  • To: "gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-pednr-dt] Further information for our call later today
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 05:35:19 -0400

At 27/05/2009 03:27 AM, Marika Konings wrote:

In addition to the development of a proposed charter, I am hoping to get your thoughts and ideas for the programme of the workshop on Post-Expiration Domain Name Recovery that has been scheduled for Wednesday 24 June from 14.00 ? 16.00 in Sydney (see <http://syd.icann.org/node/3869>http://syd.icann.org/node/3869) to allow for a first exchange of views with the broader community on these issues and hopefully attract additional people to join the Working Group.

Marika, thanks for starting this.

I think that two parts that are required are:

1. A tutorial on the end-of-life cycle both as originally imagined and what is actually happening. 2. A summary of what those who initiated this process imagine as reasonable outcomes.

I would be happy to participate in both parts (assuming a decision is made soon to give me time to prepare).

Part 1. could also be done by staff. Alternately, perhaps Rob hall could be convinced to present such a review. He did something similar in Lisbon - http://www.icann.org/en/meetings/lisbon/transcript-tutorial-expiring-25mar07.htm.

Alan