ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

[gnso-pednr-dt] my notes from meeting

  • To: gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] my notes from meeting
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:52:04 -0400

I sort of acted like a chair for the meeting.

1. Reviewed charter proposed by Tim
     - further discussion and review needed
- charter to be put in wiki (don't know who is doing this, i will if no one does it by the time i look for it next) - goal is to have it on agenda for 24 June. Needs to be complete by 10 June.

2. Charter needs to include milestones. Marika to help build a reasonable first approximation based on Policy Staff aggregate experience in the evolving GNSO WG experience to date.

3. We need to have a report of some sort out for Seoul.

- it can be a preliminary report - little more then restatements of the issues report + issues that came up in public comment and a compendium of constituency reports.

- It can be the initial report (i do not think there is a precise definition of what needs to be in an initial report. In my time I have seen initial reports that were like preliminary report. I have also seen initial reports that looked like a draft initial report. this groups needs to figure out what it needs to do to cover the subject mater.

  - it can be something in between the first two alternatives.

Note, the by-laws require a constituency and public comment period. They do not limit it to one.

4. An announcement of the workshop in Sydney should go out soon and should include information about the WG that is being formed. work was still needed on organizing the workshop. A wiki page would be built for collaborate effort's sake, though covnersations are also encouraged on the list on directly with Marika.

5. We had initial conversations on role:

   - it looked like Tim was a good candidate for Council liaison
- it looked like Alan was a good candidate for interim chair, with a regular chair being selected after the group was fully formed. I asked Alan to take on the interim role immediately and there were not objections

6.  There was mixed opinion on:
     - the use of milestone dates as a forcing function
- whether tools beyond email, teleconference and f2f meeting should be used. - whether the use of tools other then the base needed to be mandated in a charter.

a.