ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

[gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR study from Tatiana Khramtsova

  • To: gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-pednr-dt] PEDNR study from Tatiana Khramtsova
  • From: Tatyana Khramtsova <htp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 19:50:04 +0400 (MSD)

Dear All,

I have made a study regarding anecdotal or other examples/evidence related to
PEDNR.
I would like to specify that I studied russian audiense mostly.

I think that presentation made by Rob Hall in Sydney completely covers
situation.
It may be we have some specific moments.

As I noticed in last call our clients first use ccTLD's .RU&.SU.
They have other life cycle than gTLD. In general Registrar removes it on 30th
day after
experation date. If this date contemporizes with Saturday, Sunday or Holyday
domain name will be remove on the second working day.

So than our client registers gTLD he expects the same situation.
There is a big mixture of data in it's head.
Finally he is waiting for the domain name deletion because of the
high price for restor process but usually he can not catch it by himself.

Some of russian Registrars use (as others) parking pages and study commerce
interest for expired domains and clients make climents that registrar get money
using their domain name.

Registrars also collect preorder for all domains registered by them.
If there is at least 1 order for the expired domain they renew domain name
and transfer it to a new owner or make an auction.
In case of an auction the old owner notices that he has not his domain already
after the auction has started and he can not join this auction.
One way is to contact the new owner and by the domain name.
And than Registrars offer other service which is escrow service.

A lot of domains are registered not for the "real" owner but for
the system admin or ather person of a company. And then he is absent
and domain name is expired the company tries to return access to domain.

Our people have a lot of problems with payment. Not everybody knows that
to make payment is not to renew domain name. There are some reasons.
First is the Registrar did not recieve the money, the second is
the owner refused the renew during the year and did not switsh on it
again.

A lot of people think that notices from Registrar are spam and make for them
special
email. Others loose details for authorization for the contact email and there
are no time to chenge the contact email or there are no owner (the company was
closed
because of some reasones).

I think that I lost a lot of interesting situations but I wonder that my
email will be helpful for our work.

Best regards,

--
Tatiana Khramtsova