ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] "Competition" in the Secondary Domain Name Market

  • To: "'Diaz, Paul'" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] "Competition" in the Secondary Domain Name Market
  • From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:25:10 -0400

Paul,

Please refer to the following documentation on the original RGP

" In general terms, the Technical Steering Group proposes to implement the
so-called "Redemption Grace Period" in two stages. In the first stage, a
"safety net" would be established to prevent unintentional deletions by
extending the applicability and duration of the current "Delete Pending
Period" and creating a new "RESTORE" capability at the registry level that
will permit the "redemption" of unintentionally deleted names. In the second
stage, implementation of a capability allowing inter-registrar transfers of
deleted names would allow registrants to choose which registrar will
"restore" their inadvertently deleted names."

See http://www.icann.org/en/meetings/bucharest/redemption-topic.htm

Best regards,

Michael