ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-pednr-dt]

RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Whois Output from "Thin Registry"

  • To: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-pednr-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-pednr-dt] Whois Output from "Thin Registry"
  • From: "Rob Hall" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:45:16 -0400

Michelle,

Can I ask a dumb question ?  Where do you think Registrants are going to
do their whois lookups if not Registrars ?  And more specifically the
Registrar of record ?

I did a lookup of namescout.com on godaddy.com, and sure enough, they
showed the Registrar whois, with a link to the Registry whois if you
need it.  That is a perfect way to do it.   I think most Registrars show
the Registrar whois, not the Registry whois.

But I am not sure any of this is really relevant.  I think we all
understand how whois works.

The question is, is there a better solution to the epiry date issue.  I
don't know of one, but if someone has one I would love to consider it.

Rob.